State Children’s Science Congress-2017 (SCSC-2017) on the theme, “Science, Technology and Innovation for Sustainable Development” organized at UCOST, Vigyan Dham, Dehradun on 20th Dec, 2017.
RSC Dehradun hosted SCSC-2017, which was organized jointly by Uttarakhand State Council for Science & Technology (UCOST) and Society for Pollution & Environment Conservation Scientists (SPECS) with support of NCSTC, NASI UK Chapter, NCSM, SRHU, Oberai Motors, and HimalayaDrug Co. A total of 130 school students from all over Uttarakhand participated in seven themes such as Food & Agriculture; Natural Resources Management; Disaster Management; Energy; Lifestyle & Livelihood; Traditional Knowledge System; and Health, Hygiene & Nutrition. 27 escort teachers also present on the occasion.
Addressing inaugural session, Dr Rajendra Dobhal, DG UCOST said that science will take its way with these budding scientists and welcome all the students and escort teachers. Valedictory session was addressed by Chief Guests Dr Syed Farooq, President, Himalaya Drug Company and Er Rakesh Oberai, GM, Oberai Motors. Dr Farooq said that S&T is the backbone of development and budding scientists will take this country to higher level of development. He insisted to take challenges and adopt innovating ideas for research. Er Oberai said that addressing state specific issues and their solutions with innovative ideas should be a dream by young scientists. He congratulated all the participants for participation in this event. Dr Dobhal also addressed the gathering.
Participants visited galleries and enjoyed 3D film and taramandal shows.
Following participants secured first and second position in various catagories and they will participate in National Children’s Science Congress to be held in Gujrat from 27-31 December, 2017:
Natural Resources Management
1. Mayank aswal, SP Vidya Mandir, Gopeshwar, Chamoli
2. Sumit pandey, RG Navodaya Vidyalaya, US Nagar
Food & Agriculture
1. Ayush Pandey, Shiksha Bharti Uchch Madhymik Vidyalaya, Khatima, US Nagar
2. Smriti Dabral, GIC Mandikhal, T. Garhwal
1. Pankaj Shah, Saraswati Vidya Mandir, Chinlyalison, Uttarkashi
2. Karan Joshi, Vivekanand Vidya Mandir, Bageshwar
Lifestyle & Livelihood
1. Sujata Kashyap, Adarsh Kanya Inter College, Bajpur, US Nagar
2. Ritik Gupta, Nosegay Pubic School, Khatima, US Nagar
1. Chandramohan, GIC Kharasara, T. Garhwal
2. Shalu Bhat, GIC Amsyari, Garud, Bageshwar
Traditional Knowledge System
1. Divyanshi, GIC Chinyalisaud, Uttarkashi
2. Preeti Arya, GUPS, Purola, Uttarkashi
Health, Hygiene & Nutrition
1. Anjali Baloni, GIC Gunikhal, T. Garhwal
2. Vidushi Sharma, St Marry Sr Sec School, Haridwar