The National Academy of Sciences (NASI), India, Uttarakhand Chapter every year facilitate the Best Science Teacher Award. A meeting of the selection committee (NASI, UK Chapter and UCOST Officials) was held on 26.11.2021 at UCOST, Vigyan Dham Jhajra, Dehradun. Dr. D.P. Uniyal presented the progress of the NASI-UK Chapter activities. NASI Best Science Teacher Award nominations were invited through advertisements published in the different newspapers by UCOST, Dehradun on 12th November 2020. However, 22 nominees from different Schools of Uttarakhand have been received within the given time. Besides this member also suggested organizing state-specific seminars, conferences/hands-on R&D projects related to various aspects of Science & Technology in collaboration with NASI and UCOST. In the future, a summary sheet only is provided to nominees. The summary sheet will be rectified by the committee member present today. In the meeting the following NASI Members were present:
- Prof. A.N. Purohit, Chairman NASI (UK Chapter) and Former VC, HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar (Garhwal).
- Dr. B.R. Arora, Advisor, NASI-UK Chapter Former Director, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun.
- Dr. Rajendra Dobhal, Secretary NASI (UK Chapter) and Director General, UCOST.
- Dr. Sanjeev Misra, NASI Fellow and Director, AIIMS, Jodhpur.
- Dr. D.P.Uniyal, Joint Director & Member, NASI-UK Chapter.
- Dr. M.S.Rawat, Scientific Officer, UCOST.