Call for Proposals of R&D, SCP, EDP & Travel Grant at UCOST, Dehradun
Adv. No:- UCS&T/Call for Proposals/2023-24 Dated: 18/05/2023
Start Date of Submission: – 19/05/2023
End Date of Submission: – 30/06/2023
Uttarakhand State Council for Science and Technology (UCOST), Vigyan Dham, Jhajra, Dehradun invites the proposals for Research & Development (R&D), Symposium/Conference/ Workshop/ Seminar (SCP), Entrepreneurship Development (EDP) & International Travel Grants in Councils prescribed format only, no other forms of communication would be accepted and treated as null & void: –
General Guidelines for Submission of Project Proposal
- Project proposal for all the schemes should be Uttarakhand State Specific.
- R&D Projects proposals should be application-oriented. Major projects would be at a maximum cost of Rs. 12 lakh and minor projects at Rs. 5 lakh.
- Themes for the R&D projects for the F.Y. 2023-24 will be:-
- S&T projects in collaboration with reputed National/State Level research institutions.
- Applied Science, Engineering & Technology
- Waste Management
- Renewable Energy
- Water, Health, Hygiene & Nutrition
- Agriculture and Horticulture including extension activities
- Disaster Risk Mitigation
- STEM Education and Promotion
- Himalayan System Science- Biodiversity Conservation & Climate Change (including field-based studies on Taxonomy and Ecology), Human-wildlife Conflict
- Rural Technology and drudgery reduction of women in hilly regions
- Traditional Knowledge and S&T Heritage documentation
- Home Grown Technologie
- Scientific Paper Writing & Intellectual Property Right (IPR) along with above all sectors will be Science Popularization projects proposal’s themes for the F.Y. 2023-24.
- Preference would be given to colleges located in far-flung areas of the State.
- Maximum duration of R&D Project will be 3 Years including no cost extension period.
- EDP projects/ processing units would be sanctioned to encourage traditional crops/ local resources
- The PI/ Co-PI would be eligible to apply for next project only after release of Project Completion Certificate of previous project by UCOST.